Child and Adolescent Psychologist
Carolina is a registered psychologist with a Master of Psychology (Educational & Developmental) from The University of Melbourne.
Carolina has a passion for working with children, adolescents and their families. Carolina enjoys collaborating with parents, teachers and other health care professionals to support each individual through an individualised approach. Carolina appreciates therapeutic work with young people of all ages and is interested in a diverse range of issues including social and emotional challenges, school-related difficulties, challenging behaviours as well as family and interpersonal issues. Carolina completed her graduate thesis investigating how children with autism spectrum disorder can be supported with forming and maintaining friendships. Carolina also has an interest in supporting culturally and linguistic diverse young people and their families. Carolina utilises a person-centred approach to therapy, using components of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy as well as a range of mindfulness and strength-based approaches.
Carolina has experience in assessing the learning, cognitive and social/ emotional needs of children and adolescents and strives to work with teachers to support young people with these difficulties in the school environment.
- Bachelor of Arts (PSYCH & PHIL)
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental)
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training
- 0-18 years of age
- Family, relationship and interpersonal issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Emotion regulation
- Challenging behaviour
- Mindfulness and relaxation
- Learning difficulties
- Behaviour support
- Cognitive and Educational assessments
- Teacher strategies/ School planning
Carolina consults at the Niddrie clinic on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.