Child & Adolescent Psychologist
Cindy is a registered psychologist with a Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology from Monash University. She is passionate about working with individuals across the lifespan and has particular interests in supporting individuals with neurodevelopmental disorders, from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and identify as sexually and gender diverse. With a strong interest in LGBTQIA+ issues, Cindy completed her Master’s thesis on Mental Health and Bullying in Australian High School Students of Diverse Sexualities and Genders.
Cindy strives to support individuals and their families to live well and learn well through psychological assessment and intervention. Cindy is experienced in providing comprehensive psychoeducational assessments for children, adolescents, and adults, including assessments for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism spectrum disorder (ASD), and specific learning disorders (SLD). Through assessments, Cindy aims to provide a holistic understanding of an individual’s cognitive, academic, social, emotional, or behavioural functioning and provide targeted feedback and strategies. Adopting a client-centred approach, Cindy draws from therapeutic frameworks including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and mindfulness strategies to suit various client needs.
Cindy is fluent in both English and Mandarin (Chinese).
Check out our video interview with Cindy here: Meet the team_Cindy
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology & Criminology), The University of Melbourne
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology, Monash University
- Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology, Monash University
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training
- LGBTQIA+ affirmative psychotherapy
- Assessments – Cognitive, Academic, Educational, Behavioural
- Specific Learning Disorder Assessments
- Issues affecting individuals who are sexually and gender diverse
- Issues affecting individuals who are culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Anxiety and Depression
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
Cindy consults at the Niddrie clinic on Tuesdays and Wednesdays