Child & Adolescent Psychologist
Elaine is a registered psychologist with a Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology. Elaine has experience in providing interventions and psychoeducational assessments for children and young people. She works collaboratively with parents and carers, and school staffs to achieve positive outcomes for clients. She has worked extensively in primary and secondary schools, and paediatric multidisciplinary settings.
Elaine has a gentle and encouraging approach in delivering evidence-based strategies to support children, young people and their families on a range of emotional, developmental and behavioural needs. Elaine prioritises recognition of individual differences, and commits to exploring the unique strengths, capabilities and challenges of culturally diverse and neurodiverse individuals. Under a strength-based, and person-centred approach, Elaine employs a range of therapeutic techniques, including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Mindfulness, tailored to best suit client’s needs. When working with children, Elaine draws on creative and playful therapeutic strategies to create a safe space, and to build trust and rapport.
Elaine is native in both English and Cantonese.
- Bachelor of Social Sciences (Honours), The University of Hong Kong
- Graduate Diploma of Professional Psychology, Monash University
- Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology, Monash University
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Skill-based Training on Risk Management (STORM)
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Emotional Regulation
- Mindfulness and Relaxation
- Parenting Support
- Behaviour Support
- Education Support and School Liaison
- Issues affecting individuals who are culturally and linguistically diverse
- Cognitive and Educational Assessments
Elaine is available at our Niddrie clinic on Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays.