Child & Adolescent Psychologist, Senior Psychologist
Geoffrey Hon is an Educational & Developmental Psychologist and a Registered Teacher with experience working across government, Catholic and independent schools. He completed his undergraduate and postgraduate psychology training at the University of Melbourne, and his teacher training at Victoria University.
Geoff started his career as a psychologist at a private psychological consultancy firm which saw him conducting hundreds of cognitive and educational assessments in both primary and secondary schools across Victoria. He has also worked as an Additional Learning Needs Coordinator at a secondary school, and as a Psychologist within the Department of Education & Training’s Student Support Services. He currently works as a counsellor and a Psychology teacher at a secondary school.
Geoff’s therapeutic approach is grounded in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). Geoff has a longstanding interest and practice in mindfulness, and he has been a practitioner of mindfulness for the last 15 years. He can assist with a diverse range of issues including anxiety, panic, depression, stress, family and relationship issues, interpersonal conflict, anger management, and loss and grief. He can also assist with developing study and sleep routines, as well as individualised learning and behaviour plans.
Geoff is LGBT-friendly and is committed to providing a safe and accepting space for sexually or gender diverse young people and adults. Geoff also speaks Cantonese and Mandarin and can offer psychological services in these languages.
- Educational & Developmental Psychologist
- Bachelor of Arts (Media & Communications), University of Melbourne
- Postgraduate Diploma of Psychology, Swinburne University of Technology
- Master of Educational Psychology, University of Melbourne
- Board Approved Supervisor
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education, Victoria University
Master of Teaching (Secondary), Victoria University
Registered Teacher with the Victorian Institute of Teaching, VIT
Seasons for Growth Children and Young People’s Program
- Adolescents and adults (aged 10 and over)
- Family, relationship, and interpersonal issues
- Anger management
- Loss and grief
- Issues affecting those who are sexually and gender diverse
- Advocacy for students with social-emotional and learning needs
Geoff is available at the Niddrie clinic on Monday evenings