Child & Adolescent Psychologist, Senior Psychologist
Jessica is an Educational and Developmental Psychologist. During her career as a psychologist, she has experience working across government, Catholic, and independent primary and secondary schools. She completed her psychology training at Australian Catholic University and holds a Masters degree in Educational and Developmental Psychology and a Masters in Counselling.
Jessica has a passion for working with adolescents, children and their families, and believes in working collaboratively with the young person, family, and school to optimise outcomes. Jessica has particular interest in supporting individuals experiencing anxiety, grief and loss, low mood, school issues (for example, friendship skills, bullying, learning issues), sleep difficulties, and social skills, as well as parenting support. Jessica has experience assessing the cognitive, learning, and social/emotional needs of children and adolescents and providing feedback to inform schools in supporting young people with learning, social/emotional challenges.
Jessica uses a client-centred approach, additionally drawing on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy principals to provide evidence-based support for clients. Furthermore, Jessica has a particular interest in neuroscience and neuropsychotherapy, and has published work in this area. Neuropsychotherapy provides an underpinning to her intervention with clients.
- Educational and Developmental Psychologist
- Bachelor of Psychology, Australian Catholic University
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychology, Australian Catholic University
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental), Australian Catholic University
- Masters of Counselling, Australian Catholic University
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA
- Board approved supervisor
- ADOS – 2
- FRIENDS for life & My FRIENDS Youth – anxiety and resilience program
- Seasons for Growth
- Tuning in to Kids & Tuning in to Teens – parent education program
- Grief and loss
- School refusal
- Mindfulness & relaxation
- Assessments – cognitive, educational, ASD
- School issues
- Stress management
- Social and friendship skills
- Learning issues
Jessica is currently available for assessments