Child & Adolescent Psychologist, Senior Psychologist
Nathalie Evans is a Psychologist with a Master of Educational and Developmental Psychology from Monash University. Her eleven years of professional experience as a Psychologist has been gained within early intervention services, Catholic and Independent schools working in assessment, planning and delivering interventions.
Nathalie works collaboratively with young people, families and teachers to bring about change. Nathalie has a special interest in paediatrics, autism spectrum disorders, developmental delays, learning difficulties, grief, emotion regulation, social skills training and behaviour management. As a former classroom teacher, she understands educational environments and can support preschool and school staff to plan for change. She has developed and delivered training programs for teaching staff across a range of areas relevant to the wellbeing of children.
Nathalie works with children from birth until mid adolescence. As a parent herself, Nathalie recognises the value of involving families in the process of supporting children. She utilises a strengths based approach when working with families and draws on a range of assessment skills to assist families to answer questions in relation to their child. She adapts her therapeutic techniques to suit the age, developmental needs and personality of the child, utilising training in creative therapy, play therapy, parenting strategies, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, social skills programs and a range of emotion regulation techniques.
Check out our video with Nathalie here: Meet the team_Nathalie Evans
- Bachelor of Behavioural Science (Hons.)
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental)
- Postgraduate Diploma of Education (Primary)
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (MAPS)
- Secret Agent Society (SAS)
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Kids and Parents
- Autism Positive Behaviour Support training
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- 0-14 years of age
- Early intervention – delays in areas of development
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Learning difficulties
- Behaviour support
- Emotion regulation
- Mindfulness and relaxation
- Cognitive and Educational assessments
- Social skills training
- Teacher strategies/ School planning
Thursdays at our Niddrie Clinic from 9.30-2.30pm