Child & Adolescent Psychologist
Sara is a registered psychologist with a Masters of Psychology (Educational and Developmental) from Australian Catholic University. She enjoys working with individuals across the lifespan and is committed to working collaboratively with parents/caregivers and educational staff. In particular, she has a strong interest in working with individuals with differing abilities including Autism.
Sara has a passion for supporting the integration and inclusion of individuals of all abilities through personalised, tailored approaches. She believes in preparing young people to be life-long learners and enabling them to develop skills to succeed in all areas of their lives. Sara’s approach endorses a strong emphasis on person-centred, strength-based approaches, while incorporating components of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and mindfulness to empower individuals though a collaborative process.
Sara has experience in providing psychological services, facilitating group programs and conducting comprehensive psycho-educational assessments including learning, cognitive, social/ emotional needs and aiding the diagnosis of children, young people and families undergoing assessment for Autism.
Check out our video with Sara here: Meet the team_Interview with Sara
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), La Trobe University
- Master of Psychology (Educational and Developmental)
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, AHPRA.
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (Second Edition) – ADOS-2
- 0-18 years of age
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Emotion Regulation
- Challenging Behaviours
- Behaviour management
- Social skills groups
- Learning Difficulties
- Early intervention – delays in areas of development
- Community integration and engagement
- Cognitive and Educational assessments
- Teacher strategies/ school planning
Sara consults at the Niddrie Clinic on Mondays and Fridays.