Facing your Fears anxiety group program
Group Therapy for Managing Anxiety in Children with High Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders
About the program:
- This group focuses on helping children and their parents identify worries, develop coping strategies, and practice “facing their fears” with guidance and support from group facilitators.
- Participants will work in a larger for part of each session and then divide into child and parent groups.
- Parent participation is vital for sustaining strategies in their child’s day-to-day activities, therefore parent participation is required.
Children and parents attend 14 weekly telehealth sessions over Zoom for 90 minutes each week.
- Suitable for Children and adolescents 8-14 years old
- The program will run on Tuesday evenings from 6.30-8pm
- Starting Mid September